Today we are meeting with Jo-Ann, Financial Controller at Focus Clinics.
1. Can you tell us more about your role at Focus Clinics ?
I have been part of the “Focus Family” for 8 years. My role consists in, primarily, ensuring that the accounts department runs efficiently.
2. What part of your job do you like the most ?
I enjoy the opportunity to experience other roles when needed ie. patient counsellor and clinic coordinator which add a different dimension to my role. Having responsibility of the accounts department gives me autonomy to implement new systems in order to find better ways of working.
3. If you had to choose 3 words to describe your work environment, what will they be ?
Focus = Dynamic, Progressive and Supportive.
4. Have you benefited from any eye surgery or have you introduced someone to that technology ?
I have not had laser eye surgery myself as I do not need it as yet however, I always advocate to friends and family on how good the procedure is.
5. According to you, what makes Focus Clinics unique ?
Focus is unique in the way that we pride ourselves on family values, hence the term “Focus Family” which portrays how passionate we are in ensuring our patients feel valued and looked after on their journey. There is a real sense of “family” and a feeling of “home to home”, which not only makes makes the working environment really supportive but the patients feel that they are part of the family.